- Bachelor’s Degree, and/or years of experience and background to equate to the degree
- 5 + years of related business analysis/business systems analysis/defect management experience or comparable business experience.
- 5+ years of claims/benefit/EDI experience in an health care environment
- 3+ years of SQL experiences
- Understanding of Process Improvement methodologies – Lean, Six Sigma, Etc.
- Ability to read and understand legal and regulatory documentation and respond accordingly
- Experience with Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and the preparation of SDLC related documents.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work across the organization and to interact, influence and negotiate effectively at all levels of management
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously in a deadline driven environment with accurate resource and time estimates
- Confident team builder and leader with strong motivational skills. Adept in problem solving and resolving conflict
- Must be accountable and be able to hold others accountable for the adherence to policies, procedures and standards
- Must have outstanding time management and organizational skills and is able to multiple priorities and deadlines
- Solid organization, negotiation, and analysis skills with demonstrated ability to deliver on multiple assignments meet tight deadlines and are effective and decisive under pressure.
- Ability to liaise with business users, developers, stakeholders, analysts and management.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must have strong attention to detail
- Proficient in MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint and Word, Visio
- Extensive experience in an insurance, medical and/or HMO environment using claims processing software
- 3 + years of project management experience
- 3+ years of experience in a team lead or leadership role
- Experience in demonstrating leadership, influence and collaboration in a matrix-managed environment
- Experience in mentoring and training colleagues
Neighborhood is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected basis.
Neighborhood is committed to ensuring individuals with disabilities and/or those who have special needs participate in the workforce and are afforded equal opportunity to apply for jobs. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our Website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Neighborhood is an EOE M/F/D/V and an E-Verify Employer