- Bachelor’s degree, and/or years of experience and background to equate to the degree in technology, management or clinical discipline working knowledge of system development life cycle processes
- One (1) to Two (2) years prior experience leading/managing staff
- Experience with Medicaid, Medicare or Healthcare operational and technology
- 5+years of experience and background to equate to the degree in technology, management or health insurance claims discipline
- 3+ years of analysis experience in Healthcare Industry
- Strong understanding of claim adjudication concepts
- Experience in identifying solutions to resolve design issues and to effectively communicate these solutions to the project manager/supervisor
- Experience in translating the results of design sessions into configuration requirements
- Exceptional ability to identify and track issues and drive them to a conclusion
- Experience producing project artifacts to include status reports, business requirements, non-technical design documents, etc.
- Experience in user acceptance testing based on business and configuration requirements
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services including customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work across the organization and to interact, influence and negotiate effectively at all levels of management
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously in a deadline driven environment with accurate resource and time estimates
- Confident team builder and leader with strong motivational skills. Adept in problem solving and resolving conflict
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to facilitate meetings and workgroups
- Intermediate to Advanced skills in Microsoft Office (Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Minimum Three (3) years of testing and configuration experience
- Strong understanding of one or more of the following disciplines: member benefits, provider contracts, claim pricing, claims review/authorizations
Neighborhood is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected basis.
Neighborhood is committed to ensuring individuals with disabilities and/or those who have special needs participate in the workforce and are afforded equal opportunity to apply for jobs. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our Website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Neighborhood is an EOE M/F/D/V and an E-Verify Employer